Influence: Living and Sharing a Life of Wisdom, an 8-week inductive study on mentoring, looks to God’s Word for truth about growing mentoring relationships rather than building mentoring programs.
Using the flexible study format of the Sweeter than Chocolate!® series, authors Pam Gillaspie and Jan Silvious guide students through a study of mentoring relationships in the Bible while sharing snapshots from their own mentoring relationships along the way.
Looking at both sides of the mentoring relationship, Influence works well as either a group or individual study. The eight lessons cover a variety a mentoring relationships and consider not only mentoring benefits but the importance safeguarding against potential problems as well. Topics include:.
• Wise Friends Lead to Wise Ways
• Mentoring in the Moment: Learning the Art of Paying Attention
• Mentoring for the Long Haul: Leverage through Access and Observation
• Mentoring in the Church: A New Testament How-To Guide
• Mentoring Gone Wrong: Learning from Failed Relationships
• The Mentoring of the Spirit and the Word
• Empowering Your Legacy: Passing on to Others what God has Taught You
No matter where you are, there’s always another step to take. There’s always more to learn . . . there are always others who can influence you and those you can influence. How far your pebble of influence will ripple in the lives of others, only God knows.
Softcover, 122 pages. ISBN:978-1-934884-31-7; [Product number: 22109] Completion of this course in a group setting is eligible for 1 Continuing Education Credit through the Association of Christian Schools International.
Bible Study Leaders: Invite others to your class by adding your Bible Study to our Class Locator